[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Tue May 22 12:54:04 EDT 2007

All,

I was under the impression the bicyclists had the same freedom as
regular motorists, but the following says otherwise:

Excerpt from:
http://www.ncdot.org/transit/bicycle/laws/resources/BikePedLawsGuidebook-Part-1.pdf

When riding on a roadway, a bicyclist must ride in the same direction as
other traffic. Also, the bicyclist must travel in the right-hand lane
and should ride as close as practicable to the right-hand edge ofthe
highway.
[
[§20-146(a)] Exceptions to thislaw are provided when the bicyclist is
making these maneuvers:
• Passing another vehicle moving in the same direction [§20-146(a)(1)]
• Avoiding a dangerous obstruction[§20-146(a)(2)]
• Riding on a one-way street [§20-146(a)(4)]
• Preparing for a left turn. [§20-146(e)]
Bicyclists are not required to ride on adjacent bicycle paths.

jcj

--
Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/

Webmaster for: