[TriLUG] Anyone catch 60minutes last night concerning the OLPC?

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:37:40 EDT 2007

   OLPC? Hello La-La land. Duh, calculators and cell phones already cost
under $99. We can hope Negroponte will dump on the USA like the pharms/MNC's
do ex-USA. No matter, if INTC dumps ex-USA the Classmates will sell on EBAY
and such in the USA.
   How much are the OLPC's now? $287? India claims they can make better for
$47! Yipee! Laptops for all for $47!  Spread the news. The reporters keep
covering the VTOL promoter too but I've yet to see one flying anywhere! The
most successful computer model ever was the Commodore 64 at some 20M units.
3M OLPC's is a long shot. Now OCPP (One Corvette Per Person) would be worth
attention! If just the government would ante up and make it happen. :-(

TimJowers