[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue May 22 20:23:29 EDT 2007

In Singapore (I lived there in 2001-2002), they had very reliable electronic
toll booths that automatically deducted money from your account as you passed
under the gantry.  In some parts of town, the toll would change at certain times
of day to discourage peak-time traffic.

Sometimes, I would see a Mercedes parked on the side of the road.  The driver
(who had paid over US$200k for the privilege of owning a luxury car) was waiting
for the toll to change so he could save 25 cents!

I still get a good chuckle out of that -- a penny-pinching show-off!

Alan

.