[TriLUG] Linux question!!!

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 09:18:12 EDT 2007

Ok, I have a computer at the outer banks network that needs to operate more
or less as a kiosk.  That is I want to have a dual boot, XP and Linux,
necessary for the hospitality software that is *occasionally* used from this
machine, but I want Linux to boot as the default and have XP password
protected.  This is all easy enough.

Now what I'd like to do is have Linux boot, log into automatically then
launch a browser that:

1. can't be turned off/shut down by the user (or would automatically
re-launch after being shut off)
2. is the only application that the default user can launch
3. can't go to any URL except the security server for camera monitoring

How would I go about configuring such a beast?

The Linux machine will also have to connect to the network via wireless.
Are there any USB wireless adapters that work well with Linux these days?