[TriLUG] LUGlet Suggestion: Autotools Howto Lab

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri May 25 19:39:34 EDT 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

>> I have an idea of something I would like to learn more about: how to use
>> autotools to make make and configure scripts automagically.

I've come on this late. In case this hasn't been mentioned,
it's all documented at

http://sourceware.org/autobook/autobook/autobook_toc.html

where each page of the book is a separate html page, ie you
have to hit "print" 260 times to get 260 single sided pages.
Alternately, you can download the documentation in texinfo
format when you'll find that it has lots of syntax errors
when compiled with makeinfo/texinfo. I managed to print it
out some other way (forget what, but I got it out in
postscript format). This took a couple of days to get the
documentation. Then I found the documentation to be more
philosophy of doing it, rather than doing it.

You've got your work cut out to learn this stuff.

Joe