[TriLUG] How to fill out a PDF form?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue May 29 14:02:30 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 11:54, Kevin J. wrote:
> Maybe this will work: http://www.accesspdf.com/html_pdf_form/
>
> Let me know what you find that works as I'm also interested in this
> solution.
>
> Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I just ran that demo, and it was horrible. If I used the Tab key to go from
field to field, it skipped around, and finally started scrolling on its own.
I was using Firefox 1.5.0.7.

What I ended up doing for now is using pdftoppm to convert to a graphic, and
Gimp to layer my answers on top of the PDF image. Crude, but effective,
although the reproduction of the initial form was pixelated to say the least.

I'll let you know if I find anything better.

Thanks

SteveT