[TriLUG] Most Windows-like Distro?

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Tue May 29 14:08:55 EDT 2007

Tim Jowers wrote:
> A friend wanted to know what distro looks the most like Windows. Any ideas?
> He wants _exactly_ like Windows if possible.

There was someone who spoke in front of TriLUG years ago and presented a
desktop environment that looked almost exactly like Windows.  It really
had a lot of promise for users like this.  Unfortunately his motivations
 required a proprietary license for the software so it was not released
as an open source project and I think it is probably gone now.  I cannot
for the life of me remember the name of the desktop or the fellow who
created it... maybe someone can help me with that.  If I am wrong and
the project is still around it might be worth looking into.

KDE can be made to look and feel very much like MS Windows but does not
come that way out of the box.  With a geek that is comfortable with
Linux closeby, it would only take a couple of minutes at most to get it
set up that way.