[TriLUG] Dear Palm, I wanted a Linux Treo and not a Foleo.

Brian Daniels bitmage at pobox.com
Wed May 30 14:33:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 01:46:54PM -0400, Rob Rousseau wrote:
> I already have a laptop thanks, I don't need another pseudo IBM Z50
> Workpad clone.
> http://robots.engadget.com/2007/05/30/palm-foleo-is-what-hawkins-is-announcing-at-d/
> http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail.cfm?ReleaseID=246403
> http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1219-1.htm
> ***SIGH***

Yeah.  I'm very dependent on my Treo 700p, and was hoping for a Linux Treo to
take Palm into the future.

Instead we get an underpowered subnotebook that's too slow to do Flash video.
For $499.

I have a Nokia 770 linux tablet, and this could have been an interesting
replacement.  Except that the 770 is .5 pounds and easy to carry.  The Foleo is
2.5 pounds.  For that much, I might as well grab the laptop bag.

I really hate Windows Mobile devices, and want Palm to succeed.  I hope they can
survive the money they wasted on this device.

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at pobox.com
      http://www.eviloverlord.net