[TriLUG] OT: 17" CRT monitors for donation to non-profit

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Wed May 30 15:19:06 EDT 2007

David McDowell wrote:
> We have approximately 30 Dell 17" CRT flat glass monitors we'd like to
> donate.  I know there are some non-profit folks on this list.  Anyone
> have a need, please let me know.  A non-profit organization is
> preferred.  We'd like a donation receipt.

The Durham Rescue Mission (http://www.durhamrescuemission.org/) would be
an awesome place to send these.  They have this training room just for
homeless women/moms to get them up to speed on office skills and make
them marketable.  Last time I was out there they had a bunch of
Frankenboxes put together from mixed donations, lots of 14" monitors,
etc.  With a donation like this they could refit the whole classroom and
have some spares handy.  Last I heard these were NOT internet-connected
machines so it's not like you're helping some lazy hump surf the web all
day and avoid work.

--
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory." - Bruce Lee's observations of
people at TriLUG meetings who won't shut up and let the guest speaker talk