[TriLUG] OT: 17" CRT monitors for donation to non-profit

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed May 30 17:06:58 EDT 2007

David McDowell wrote:
> We have approximately 30 Dell 17" CRT flat glass monitors we'd like to
> donate.  I know there are some non-profit folks on this list.  Anyone
> have a need, please let me know.  A non-profit organization is
> preferred.  We'd like a donation receipt.

Hi David,

If the other suggestions don't work out, I'd recommend you contact the
Triangle United Way, specifically their "Teaming for Technology"
division.  More information is here:
http://www.unitedwaytriangle.org/t4t/index.asp

This group is used to accepting corporate donations and works with many
other charities throughout the Triangle to put the donations to the best
use.  You may recall that TriLUG worked with T4T several years ago when
they had some enterprise-class hardware donated to them, that wasn't
appropriate for local charities.  We sold it at an auction in Apex and
gave half the proceeds to them (total was almost $1500 I think).  But
these 17" monitors are something they can likely use directly.

Hope this helps,
--Jeremy