[TriLUG] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No, thanks!"

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu May 31 20:50:00 EDT 2007

Shawn William Taylor wrote:
> Have you ever wondered what the delta in price is for a product from a
> store that had *no* shoplifters vs. stores that get ripped off all the
> time? I know retailers who got out of the business because of shoplifting.
> It's the other side of this discussion that appears to be getting no
> airtime.

True enough.  I don't mind if they put anti-shoplifting policies in
place as long as they do not try to BS me out of my civil liberties by
trying to coerce me to comply with a policy that is, by law, purely
voluntary in nature.

People who don't know any better get suckered into it because someone
with a fake badge and a fake cop uniform is bossing them around telling
them what to do, and they have been conditioned to just blindly do that
without challenge.