[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List

Jason Faulkner jason at oldos.org
Fri Jun 1 10:17:54 EDT 2007

> > > 2) Job postings must be for Linux (or Linux related) jobs in the
> > > Triangle.
>
> On 6/1/07, David A. Cafaro <dac at trilug.org> wrote:
> > I believe this is a mistake, a big mistake.  As someone already
> > mentioned, the TriLUG membership charter covers any resident of North
> > Carolina.
>
> This is probably a point we should work out.  Our charter covers all
> of NC, but we're the Triangle LUG.  Technically, job postings for
> Charlotte should go to their LUG, etc.  I'm willing to hear more
> debate on that notion, or against it.
>
> What do other members think?

My opinion is that anyone who wants to post a job to the list should
be able to as long as it's remotely Linux/Unix Admin/DBA-ish. As
someone who spent a while looking for a job in the tech profession
(before I scored with Broadwick, yaay!), I appreciated every single
post that came across with job information, even if it would've been
in India.

--
Jason Faulkner
http://oldos.org