[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List

burnett at pobox.com burnett at pobox.com
Fri Jun 1 10:34:01 EDT 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Jason Faulkner wrote:

>> On 6/1/07, David A. Cafaro <dac at trilug.org> wrote:
>>> I believe this is a mistake, a big mistake.  As someone already
>>> mentioned, the TriLUG membership charter covers any resident of North
>>> Carolina.
>>
>> This is probably a point we should work out.  Our charter covers all
>> of NC, but we're the Triangle LUG.  Technically, job postings for
>> Charlotte should go to their LUG, etc.  I'm willing to hear more
>> debate on that notion, or against it.
>>
>> What do other members think?

I'm fine with job postings for anywhere in NC at a minimum for the
geographic requirement, and don't particularly mind South Carolina or
elsewhere listings. As others have remarked, there aren't enough job
postings on this list to be a significant percentage either way.

>From a personal standpoint, I'm extremely happy at my current job, and I
have plenty of Linux to work with here, so I have no current need for job
postings. But the number of job postings to the list is small enough that
I don't wear out my delete key anywhere near as fast as I do on the
off-topic posts :).

I do strongly prefer that a job posting to the TriLUG list describe a
significant Linux component.

best,
Steve B