[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Fri Jun 1 12:57:50 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 12:33 -0400, Magnus wrote:

> But out of state job listings really have no place here.  Members who
> live out-of-state (a demographic I can certainly relate to, having been
> a TriLUG member in PA for 3 years) have their own local and state
> resources for finding jobs.  If out of state job listings are welcomed,
> that opens trilug@ as a legit dumping ground for recruiters from all
> over the country or even around the world that happen to mention "Linux"
> in a job req.

How would you feel about an exception for TriLUG Alumni (those who were
local members of TriLUG who moved out of state but still stay connected
via the list and IRC) having the ability to post jobs they think might
be of interest to their former LUG colleagues?  That is why I (who now
lives in VA, works in DC, but still enjoys the TriLUG list) post what I
think are relevant jobs to the TriLUG list.  That and relocation from NC
is not an issue for the company I post the positions from.  Your next
door neighbors as far as I'm concerned ;-).  Not to mention
telecommuting.