[TriLUG] vi or sed or perl question - joining lines

Mike Norwood norwoodm at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 14:16:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have a big goofy text file I need to get into a more usable format.
Basically what I need to do is join every 12 lines into 1 line, down
through the entire file.  Does anyone have a good suggestion on how to do
this?  I know that I must have done this same thing 2 years ago, because I
found an earlier version of this same data from May 2005 that I somehow
converted, but I now have no idea how it was done.

Thanks, Mike