[TriLUG] Your personal Linux Distro History (was Re: FEDORA 7 LINUX First Impressions? (was: F7 First Impressions?))

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Sat Jun 2 09:34:29 EDT 2007

My Linux history --
1. I downloaded slackware from sunsite.edu to floppies over a dialup
connection and installed it to a very slow pc with limited memory. It
was so slow that I almost gave up on linux. Not enough memory for X, all
command line for me at the time.
2. Next was Redhat 6.? followed by  Redhat 7.2 and finally redhat 9. I
even installed RH9 to my wife's desktop pc. She has used it until
recently when I installed Ubuntu 6.06.
3. Now I have two servers running FC5, one laptop running FC5 and Mepis,
and one other desktop running Ubuntu 6.06

jcj