[TriLUG] OT: Trying to clear out the garage

Ron Joffe rjoffe at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 16:38:12 EDT 2007

So I bought a new car (new to me that is), and that forced a clean up of the
garage.

Here is what I have. If you want it, come and get it, if you feel like paying
something for it, I will pass all of that on to TRILUG as a donation:

Monitors
--------
1. Dell 21" Trinitron monitor (A bit on the bright side)
2. IBM 17" Monitor - Black (perfect condition)
3. Sony W-900 24" Monitor (Huge - awesome display)
4. Samsung 950P 19" Monitor (perfect condition)

JBODs
------
I have 4 or 5 units of these monsters. They are either tower or rack mountable
(3-4U). Each can handle up to 9 drives (or more if you drill more mounting
holes). I had a large raid array set up in one worked great for years. They
have internal power supplies with 9 std power plugs and plenty of fans to
keep everything cool. I have a number of U320 cable sets for them. Some have
older SCSI host swap carriers. They are very flexible and you could build
just about any type of configuration in them.

http://www.impediment.com/storcase/storcase.ds400.html

Drives
-------
1. I have a pile of these huge Seagate ST446452W SCSI drives. Most work fine.
47GB storage. Here is a good comparison picture to a normal desktop drive:
http://homepage1.nifty.com/camel7/elite2.jpg
The best use for them is for taking them apart :) . If you want to show your
kids how the insides of a hard drive work, these are perfect. If you want to
play with some strong magnets, these are also perfect.

2. I also have about 10 of Quantum Atlas 10KII 73GB Ultra 160 drives with
68pin connectors. I would like a bit of cash (for TRILUG) for these.

Case
----
Alianware Tower. Bright purple, perfect condition. Just case and power supply.
Looks somewhat like:
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_images/411/10412411.jpg

Workstation
Digital alpha 600au - 768Meg Ram, currently runs perfectly. This is sort of on
topic, as this guy will run linux :)

Please let me know if there is anything anyone here wants. First come first
served. I am in Chapel Hill. I have two weeks to clean up, then everything
goes to the dump (electronics recycling).

Thanks,

Ron