[TriLUG] FOSS Accounting/Billing packages?

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Jun 12 11:54:38 EDT 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Lee wrote:

> Our current non-FOSS project-based accounting/billing software
> (Deltek) is preparing to do another forced migration and I'd like to
> be able to offer an alternative to management. Does anyone use or
> have any knowledge or experience with FOSS accounting/billing software?

I use gnucash for my accounting (personal, ie IRS, credit
cards, check account, monthly bills, and a consulting
business I run on the side). I haven't upgraded for almost a
decade, and my version has little in the way of billing (I
see no reason to upgrade a perfectly working piece of
software). It's possible the newer versions do. IANAA, but
gnucash does everything I've found neccessary for double
entry accounting.

Joe