[TriLUG] JOB? - create customized distro

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Fri Jun 15 10:49:22 EDT 2007

More likely, the salesperson doesn't understand my requirement...or
rPath's capabilities.  Wouldn't be the first time.

You're right - I looked into their build options and there IS a bootable
option (liveCD/demoCD).

After giving me the sales pitch about how they can help us make our software
easier for our customers to install and keep updated, I think she was no
longer interested when I explained that this piece of our software is already
trivial to install and may only have a lifespan of a few hours or days at a
customer site -- and therefore doesn't need the update services which she is
no doubt getting paid to sell.

Chris

Kevin J. wrote:
> I think that's exactly what rPath does actually. I downloaded the Zimbra .iso from
> Zimbra.com and it's a bootable Linux distro with a nice https WebGUI for setup and
> configuration. It has rPath's name and icon all over it.
>
> If that's not what you're looking for though, you may want to try http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services