[TriLUG] video from camcorder

Kevin J. mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 09:45:11 EDT 2007

UbuntuStudio (www.ubuntustudio.org) has PiTiVi, Kino, and Cinepaint installed with the iso. Also, If you have a Windoze friend who is in to audio and/or video content creation, you might want to suggest they download the Wubi installer (http://www.cutlersoftware.com/ubuntusetup/wubi/en-US/index.html) and select UbuntuStudio as the install iso (under Advanced) with plenty of home and swap drive space. Once they see what is possible in the open source world, they are not likely to bother with the Windoze (or even Mac) platform long-term.

Kevin