[TriLUG] Syslog aggregation and searching

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:30:56 EDT 2007

Hey Folks,
   At $WORK, we've got close to 100 *NIX machines that are forwarding
their logs to a syslog server which is running syslog-ng. We've been
looking for an application to be able to display/search the logs. I've
looked at Splunk, didn't like the interface and their 'splunk'
paradigm was annoying. I liked php-syslog-ng but it was buggy as hell.
I was wondering what others were using or could recommend.

Thanks,
Ken