[TriLUG] Generational differences in Free/Open Source Software world (was Re: OT: Job - $12/hr WOW!)

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 14:05:18 EDT 2007

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> It's actually interesting to read about the differences in generations
> and then try to apply that to personalities in FOSS.  According to
> the book, Gen Xers (they call them 13ers, but I don't like that term)
> are those born from 1961 to 1981 and Boomers are those born
> in the 40s and 50s (don't remember the exact dates).

I don't put much stock in the idea of "generations" anyway.  At best
anything you can say about a "generation" as a whole represents some
sort of average.  I think that has less than no useful value for
describing a given individual who happens to fall into that group.

And for what it's worth, I reject the term "Generation X" totally
and completely and claim no association with that group and it's
supposed traits.  :-)

TTYL,

Phil

--