[TriLUG] OT: solaris 10x86 jumpstart dvd

stan briggs stanbriggs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 10:26:27 EDT 2007

brian,

agreed. i thought, though, that it would be cool and useful (and require
less infrastructure re-building) if i could get the jumpstart process to do
what i want it do rather than building jumpstart server.

stan

On 6/21/07, Brian McCullough <bdmc at bdmcc-us.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 09:36:27AM -0400, stan briggs wrote:
> > all,
> >
> > thanks for the suggestions but i'm kinda' stuck with the jumpstart DVD.
> i'm
> > building a tool that SEs can take into the field with them for
> > (re-)installs.
>
> But I thought that your questions had to do with the development of the
> DVD, not its ultimate use after you were satisfied with the result.  In
> that case, I would expect that the network boot would be ideal for your
> purposes, since you can change the contents of the boot directory "on
> the fly" so to speak, rather than burning a new DVD and waiting for it
> to be read by your machine.
>

> Brian

Stan B. Briggs
+1-919-414-9513
the oBoJ Foundation is the open source community coming together for the
benefit of society. our events and work are for the purpose of raising
awareness, raising funds, and performing activities for good causes.
participation is open to all who wish to support worthwhile public causes.
www.oBoJ.org