[TriLUG] Fraud in the job market

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Sat Jun 23 10:17:46 EDT 2007

A very fine line, but a lot of ads are also written in a way that favors
the qualifications of the immigrant even if that may not be the actual
job they do.  Plus another tactic is to publish the ad in a trade
journal where not as many people will see it, so there will be less
applicants.  Trade journals work well for low paying positions, because
most of the time only the higher management people read the trade journals.

H1B visas are a sham, there's no shortage of qualified american workers
as we know.  There is a shortage of companies that are willing to pay us
what we are worth.  Also it's like indentured servitude once the visa
gets issued, since the employee has a hard time leaving for another
job.  The company doesn't have to pay them as much and doesn't have to
promote them as much either.  So they can keep them deadlocked into a
job position where the salary favors the employee.

I guess the saying is true "The world needs brick layers"  Hard to
outsource that job overseas :)  But that's another whole thread
hopefully no one will comment on :)

Matt P.