[TriLUG] vi vs emacs

James Olin Oden james.oden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:47:29 EDT 2007

Why? Because I learned vi, and it worked and does work well for me.
If it ceased to work for me (i.e. proved onerous to use in my daily
work) I would try something else.   Also on the original unix system I
was on (DG/UX running on an Aviion 4300...I think that is what it was)
vi was all that was there.  So the use of vi was a very practical
thing.  Had emacs been on the Aviion I was using I would have likely
used it instead....I did draw the line at ed though (-;

...james

P.S. Prejudice typically stems from being uncomfortable with that
which we know not.