[TriLUG] vi vs emacs

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Tue Jun 26 13:56:54 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 01:39:49PM -0400, Craig Taylor wrote:
> Why not?
>
> Just to have a point to this thread let me ask everyone Why? for their
> particular choice.
>
> For me it's VI - primarily because Emacs key bindings don't make sense to
> me, I originally learned on Vi, and I like a simple plain user interface.

I use Vi because it's what was there when I started programming on *nix,
works just fine for me, and is installed on any machine I need to
access. Just can't help laughing at those who only know Emacs and find
themselves almost helpless on a machine that doesn't have it.

And if you want to use Emacs, that's fine by me ... I don't really care
that much - each to his own.

Owen