[TriLUG] Email on multiples machines

Michael Rulison 13miketele at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 26 19:43:31 EDT 2007

Perhaps  some of you  have coped with this already:

I have desktop (main) and laptop (secondary) machines. They both have
Win  XP  and the laptop has ubuntu as a dual boot. Email is done with
Thunderbird  (win) or Evolution (u) or  sometimes  from  an alternative
location,  not my own,  with web mail. Provider is BellSouth  (att).

I  set things  up so  that only the main  machine  downloads messages
and  clears the  ISP  machine; others  download but do NOT clear the ISP.

Problem:  only responses from  main machine are available on  it;
but  no on the main. I could  send copies to myself and get  them on the
main  machine but only if I could return to download them on the  main
machine between sessions  on  the  laptop --- an  inconvenient  process.

Ideas?