[TriLUG] OT LAN Segment issues

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Sat Jun 30 15:10:12 EDT 2007

Friday I was able to get the segment 2 to start talking to segment 1.
I read what you said about the DMZ and realized where my logic failed
me. I turned off DMZ on port 4.
The DHCP server assigned the address, the default gateway, and the DNS IPs

The IP mask for the routed block is 255.255.255.248

I believe I now need to set a static route so segment 1 can see segment
2 from segment 1.

As a side note I tried for a simpler configuration by putting a switch
between the DSL modem and then connect the routers to the switch.
The result of that little exercise, was the modem would assign an IP to
the BEFSX41 router but not the other two.
CTC is looking for a specific MAC address and will only assign an IP to
a device with that MAC.
They also have the modem locked down as well. I tried to gain access to
it to see what they were doing.

Still to come are the joys of getting an IPSEC policy to work with the
XP VPN client on winders handshake and establish a VPN tunnel at the
BEFSX41 router.

Neil, WA4AZL
JARS Forever!!