[TriLUG] Flyer for Trilug Meeting in August

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Mon Jul 9 12:21:27 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I thought it might be a good idea to post flyers for our August meeting
(which I'll post after our upcoming meeting).  My thought is that
meetings that might have a more general interest component enough to
attract a larger audience can be posted in foot traffic areas.  For
example, in Durham we have 9th street where lots of students, doctors,
businessmen, hippies and bikers hang out.  there is a bulletin board on
Francesca's Cafe and on the framing shop (there is an alley with a
garden and you look straight at it as you walk by) where concerts,
plays, art exhibits and more are posted.  I can probably also post at a
few places like Wellspring that also have such things (god I've become a
hippy).  Is anyone else interested in doing the same and maybe print 2-3
and post them in public areas after the meeting on the 12th?  Here:
http://buni.org/downloads/trilug-flyer-aug.tar.gz
is a tgz with both Open Office and PDF format (145k is too big for an
attachment).  You may need the Bitstream (aka gnome) fonts for it to
display/print correctly.

BTW the mail alias doesn't exist yet and I thought that we could avoid
posting it in non-paper format (tar/gz should obfuscate it sufficiently).

What do you think?

Thanks,

Andy
--