[TriLUG] Help w/ wireless setup

Christopher Blackmon ckblackm at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 09:11:06 EDT 2007

I'm trying to get wireless working on my fujitsu p2120 laptop w/ xubuntu installed (feisty), and am running into some difficulty.
iwconfig says wlan0 has no wireless extensions, and lshw shows wlan0 as being disabled.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

thanks,
Christopher.

------
root at ckblackm-laptop:/home/ckblackm# lsmod | grep prism
prism2_pci             70784  0
p80211                 31884  1 prism2_pci

root at ckblackm-laptop:/home/ckblackm# iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

wlan0     no wireless extensions.

        *-network:1 DISABLED
             product: Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset
             vendor: Intersil Corporation
             physical id: 12
             bus info: pci at 00:12.0
             logical name: wlan0
             version: 01
             width: 32 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: cap_list ethernet physical
             configuration: broadcast=yes driver=p80211_prism2_pci driverversion=0.2.5 latency=64 link=no multicast=yes
             resources: iomemory:e8017000-e8017fff irq:9