[TriLUG] OT: solar wireless mesh router

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 14:34:12 EDT 2007

I found it is "Team Alliance" and they are a BellSouth installer. BellSouth
told me the fiber is NOT for FTTH. It is for expanding the reach of DSL.
Argh!

By 2010 the USA vs Australia will be like fast internet versus dialup. We
are going to look like a bunch of goobers. Reminds me of when I went to
Germany in 2001 and they were paying per minute for Internet access so
barely used the Internet. What a bunch of retards.

Maybe The City of Cary would let a private company connect to their fiber
network.  One idea is to just "lay fiber" rather than bury it. I know
TimeWarner did this with the cables in our neighborhood. There are 100 feet
runs just laying on the surface. The replacement cost must be lower than the
cost to bury.

TimJowers