[TriLUG] Help w/ wireless setup

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:42:40 EDT 2007

Can you set properties of wlan0 with iwconfig?

Eg. what happens when you do this:

sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
sudo iwconfig wlan0 essid "your access point name"
sudo iwconfig key DEADBEEFEE # only need this if you use WEP
sudo dhclient wlan0

Can get a lease that way? Does it barf on the one of the first two?

Cheers,
CMP

Cristóbal M. Palmer
administrator!!! please hope me!