[TriLUG] Partitioning recommendations

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri Jul 13 10:51:54 EDT 2007

Alan Porter wrote:
> But your idea of using LVM has a lot of merit if you think you might
> later add a second big-ol' 320GB disk, and you might want to combine the
> two.

LVM also gives you some cool options for relocating data to a new
physical disk without remounting anything should you start getting PFA
alerts on this disk.

And what happens if the 320GB fills up and you want to add more storage?

I always default to LVM, even if I'm ultimately just making one big
partition.  I just love the flexibility it gives me to deal with the
"uh-oh's" that always seem to come down the road.

believed to be clean.