[TriLUG] RHCE

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri Jul 20 11:07:25 EDT 2007

Kane, Kristopher R SSG wrote:
> Any one with this cert finding jobs in the NC area?  I am in the Army
> with 2 years remaining and I am trying to gauge how easy it will be to
> get a job coming out of the Army with an emphasis on this cert or if I
> should go another path and transition in to Linux administration later
> on.

I think that having the cert can get a recruiter to stop long enough to
look at the rest of your credentials.  It is not enough alone to get you
a job, except maybe entry level.  You still have to have the real world
experience to show that you're not just a paper tiger.

There was a time when too much emphasis was put on certs and many have
developed a distaste for applicants who put too much weight on their
certs without any real world experience to back it up.

But when a recruiter is looking at a pile of applications made by
qualified applicants, having the cert can be enough to nudge you in the
right direction ahead of the rest of the pack.

believed to be clean.