[TriLUG] Edit Linux distro (livecd) from Windows

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 15:13:32 EDT 2007

On 7/24/07, OlsonE at aosa.army.mil <OlsonE at aosa.army.mil> wrote:
> I was wondering if its even possible to edit a livecd distro from
> windows??
>
> Basically, I have a small 483kb file that I want to slipstream/insert
> into a livecd distro so I no longer have to mount a floppy, copy it to
> /tmp, and then run the app.

I'm guessing it's possible, but how painful is it vs. doing it under
linux? Dunno if anybody can answer your question without more info.

What liveCD is this?

I found editing the Ubuntu liveCD a bit clumsy, but totally doable.
Check it out:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization

--
Cristóbal M. Palmer