[TriLUG] Need opinions for specs of a VM box

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil OlsonE at aosa.army.mil
Thu Jul 26 08:08:49 EDT 2007

I'm actually building a server just for this purpose. It's going to
house:

Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600 G0 stepping (cooled by a Thermalright
Ultra-120 eXtreme w/120mm fan)
Motherboard: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Video
Card: EVGA 768-P2-N881-AR GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
HDCP
Power Supply: Silverstone ST75F (modular) 750w
CD/DVD: Sony NEC Optiarc 18X DVD+/-R DVD Burner with 12x DVD-RAM SATA
RAM: OCZ (2x 1gb) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel (SLI) - x2

...obviously, I'm not on a budget... but I think this box will
definitely foot the bill for what I'm trying to do. (I'm building a
Linux and Windows testing lab).