[TriLUG] OT: Technology Research Survey - Real or Scam?

Warren Weber wrweber at hufta.net
Thu Jul 26 19:22:09 EDT 2007

Somewhere along the line, I apparently signed myself up for a mailing list that sends me
these on occasion.  I'm torn between the "free" $5.00 and the possibility of a scam.  Has
anyone participated in these surveys?  Heard any good urban legends about them?

Thanks!
Warren

  "IT Research Panel" when registering for a TechTarget Property. The
  "IT Research Panel" is now being managed by MyView through the
  PostMasterDirect Service.

We would like to invite you to participate in our new research survey
about different products used in your business.  Please offer your
opinion as part of this important research so that the industry can
better serve you.  This survey should take between twenty and thirty
minutes to complete, and as always, your participation in our online
community is greatly appreciated.

We know your time is valuable, and as a way of showing our thanks,
each person who qualifies and completes this survey will receive a
$5.00 reward, payable via PayPal.

Click here to begin the process:

http://c.dsite.us/y?c=1MDJO-V6J.95FUtq.BiZ.0&j=1MDJO-V6J&e=95FUtq&memi
d=118547936494969-1-37F761F3

Thank you for your participation!  Please note that only one survey
may be completed per e-mail address.

Sincerely,
The MyView Team
304 Park Avenue South, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10010

To qualify for Survey incentives, respondents must provide complete
and coherent responses to all Survey questions. Data validation will
be completed at the end of the study and any respondents who submitted
incomplete or incoherent responses, or who appeared to have
participated in the Survey without a bona fide intent to complete the
questions in good faith, as determined by MyView  in its sole
discretion, will be ineligible for the incentive and may be
disqualified from participating in future Survey panels. Please see
the complete Terms and Conditions for additional details.

No purchase necessary. Open to respondents that complete the survey
and are residents of the US, Canada (excluding Quebec), UK, France, or
Germany and 18+ years of age.  One reward per email address or
household.  Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery. Subject to the
MyView Reward Program Terms and Conditions:
http://c.dsite.us/y?c=1MDJO-V6J.95FUtq.BiZ.1

I know there’s money in horses. I put it there!

Warren Weber
wrweber at hufta.net
http://www.hufta.net

--