[TriLUG] SAS vs. SATA performance

Reid Sayre rlsayre at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 28 10:28:29 EDT 2007

Laptops have either SATA or ATA/EIDE disk interfaces on the motherboard.
If your laptop is old enough to have an ATA/EIDE disk interface, that's
the kind you have to use.

Having said that, you can get 100GB, 7200 RPM, 8MB cache, ATA-6/EIDE OEM
drives mail order for about $100.

In 2005, I put one of these in my Thinkpad A31P (vintage 2002) and it
made a huge performance difference.

Reid Sayre

--
Reid Sayre