[TriLUG] MEETING REMINDER: Aug 9 @ Red Hat. Fedora 7, lead by Max Spevack, Greg "Darlene" Dekoenigsberg and Key Signing Party w/ Paul Boyle

John McHugh johnjmchugh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:38:54 EDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Andrew C. Oliver <acoliver at buni.org> wrote:
> The August 2007 meeting of the Triangle Linux Users Group (Sponsored by
> Red Hat, Inc. http://redhat.com/) will be held at 7pm, August 9, at Red
> Hat on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University

> There will also be a key signing arranged by Paul D. Boyle.
>  If
> you want to get started with email security etc., but these aren't
> enough then email the list or join #trilug and ask for help.
>
> -Andy

At the risk of sounding more stupid than normal...

I've generated a keypair following the obvious instructions included
in the provided links (thanks for that), but what exactly do I need to
bring to the meeting?

As I understand it, each person verifying my key will need my Key
fingerprint (10 blocks of 4 alphanumeric words) and my name as entered
for my key along with access not less than one form of government
issued ID (drivers license and/or passport).

I'd appreciate any corrections and/or confirmation.

Thanks,

John