[TriLUG] TWC latency issues

Brian C. Hicks bhicks1 at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 9 11:06:31 EDT 2007

Somewhat off topic, but my TWC service is providing me with about 12-91kbps
in upstream and very large latencies in the Apex area as of late.  Some of
my customers with business class connections in the triangle are having
problems obtaining the bandwidth they purchased as well lately.  I spoke
with another triluger in my area, and he is seeing the same issues.  He
believes that TWC may have implemented some new type of qos backing things
up at the distribution routers.  When I call to inquire about my service, I
get the whole, reset your router and we will send someone out to test signal
strength.  At any rate, if anyone else is seeing the same things, please
take the time to call and complain so we can get the real problem fixed.  I
know it is a hassle getting to tier 3 support to hear you need to reboot
your computer, but I figure if enough people complain, someone will realize
something is not right.

Thanks,
Brian Hicks