[TriLUG] TWC latency issues

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Thu Aug 9 13:58:26 EDT 2007

Magnus wrote:
> Lance A. Brown wrote:
>
>>Also,  From a computer connected to the LAN side of the cablemodem, the
>>URL http://192.168.100.1/ will take you to the web server running in the
>>cablemodem and give you a few bits of info.
>

> Wow, good call, Lance.
>
> Signal to Noise Ratio 	35 dB

Yep.  My first stop any time I'm having problems with my RR connection.
 Check the web pages on the cable modem, and then power cycle the damn
thing.  Assignment of cablemodems to download/upload channels in the
cable system is handled at boot time and sometimes power cycling it will
cause the modem to be assigned a different, perhaps not as overloaded,
channel.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/