[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Aug 13 05:01:36 EDT 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 00:03, Matt Frye wrote:
> As was announced at the August 2007 meeting, I have proposed a code of
> conduct for TriLUG, based on the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.  The proposed
> Code of Conduct can be viewed at http://trilug.org/codeofconduct .
>
> This code has not yet been adopted by TriLUG officially, but a vote
> will be taken at the September 13, 2007 meeting.  Please read the code
> and send any comments, suggestions, or requests for modification to
> conduct at trilug.org.
>
> A leadership code of conduct modeled after the Ubuntu Leadership Code
> of Conduct will be presented at the September meeting with a vote
> planned for October.
>
> Matt Frye

The part about "when you disagree, consult others". I'm not sure the only
choices are either come back into the fold or start a new sig or group. I
think "agreeing to disagree" is valid. You like Emacs, I like Vim. You like
KDE, I like Icewm. You like GNU brace placement, and I like Whitesmith. You
think we should prioritize newbies, I think we should prioritize ubergeeks.

I think a hallmark of a functional LUG is the ability to handle differences of
opinion with grace and good humor, and I think such handling of differences
is better and creates a richer LUG than unanimity born of obligation.

I liked the rest of the code of conduct.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware
http://www.troubleshooters.com/