[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 08:43:16 EDT 2007

What was the main reason this was brought about? I was under the impression
that we *already* had a code of conduct that was summarized when we became
members, the etiquette reminders for the list, etc.

I haven't personally seen any reason to be *adding* things like this to the
org, but would be happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Also, as mentioned by some others, seeking to resolve differences in areas
of opinion shouldn't really be a matter of the TriLUG community, in my
opinion. I'm positive I disagree in material fashion on dozens of issues
with other people in the group. In fact, I have found that it is precisely
the divergent opinions represented on the list that makes for lively
chatter.

Regards
Warren

On 8/13/07, Jim Ray <jim at neuse.net> wrote:

> Here's the code we use at IEEE:
> http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/ethics/code_ethics.html
>
> Here's another one we use at Rotary:
> http://www.rotary.org/aboutrotary/4way.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim
>
> Jim Ray, President
> Neuse River Networks
> tel: 919-838-1672 cell: 919-606-1772
> http://www.Neuse.Net
>
> Connecting You to the World since 1997
>
> Specializing in the design, sales, installation, and support of today's
> technology for small to mid-sized markets, we also focus on both
> commercial
> and industrial networks for PCs and phones. Now in our tenth year, the
> company began with deploying video, voice and data communications systems
> in
> the Triangle region, which we continue to do today.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2