[TriLUG] Fwd: Time to Fork TriLUG?

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:29:26 EDT 2007

On 8/13/07, Dave Sorenson <dave at logicalgeek.com> wrote:
> Not to feed the trolls too much ;-) but the reality is there is nothing
> stopping another LUG from forming in Chapel Hill...

True, there's nothing stopping it.  Still, it's only as likely to
happen as TriLUG members are to self-police and respect each other.

> If there are people being left out for geographical reasons that want to
> form a sister LUG I would hope that Trilug membership would not only not
> condem the action...

Just as I pointed out when Jim Ray started the Triangle Open Source
Lab, neither TriLUG nor the SC should even condemn another group for
spinning off.  In fact, we're here to help.

As far as forking TriLUG goes, I can't say that I haven't had that
thought today.  It seems that many of us have different goals.  For
the time being though, I'm committed to TriLUG, and seeing TriLUG
succeed, and I'll see that commitment through, at least to May 2008.

MPF