[TriLUG] Trilug Kode of Kondukt

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Tue Aug 14 10:13:24 EDT 2007

Alan Porter wrote:
> For the record, I was the one who said "silly", and I was referring to
> the fact that the Code of Conduct has a license, not to the content of
> the Code of Conduct itself. I called it silly because the license struck
> me as completely out of place.

The TriLUG CoC borrows heavily from the Ubuntu CoC which was licensed
under a Creative Commons license.  This way you *can* borrow liberally
from it without worrying about getting sued for copyright infringement
as long as you operate within the guidelines of the license.

There is a lot about the CoC that can be criticized but the license is
probably one of its strengths.