[TriLUG] Code of Conduct

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:18:01 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everyone on the list is all up in arms, hackles up and feeling a bit
> hostile.  I, for one, feel like this policy is being shoved down upon us:
> "conform or be kicked out" is what it feels like.

Luckily, that's not the case.  The CoC is proposed, not adopted.  In
it's current form, it's an idea and a rough draft, nothing more.

Yes, some members will argue with tenacity.  That's what they do.  You
know who you are.  But no one should feel this CoC is being forced
down their throat.  That's not the kind of person I am, or leader I
want to be seen as.

So here's what I'm going to do:

Let's take the CoC off the table for the time being.  Discussion can
still go on in trilug-policy@,  but it's clear, this is too much of a
hot button topic to stand in it's current form.  People feel very
strongly about what *could* happen and there needs to be further study
and review.  In the end, if no one wants anything at all, or if the
majority says "no" to any kind of values policy, so be it.

If you favor something like a vision statement, a code of <something>,
or any sort of policy, join trilug-policy and tell us.  I'm willing to
listen and to help, but right now I'm tired.

Matt Frye