[TriLUG] OT - Job Posting - Support Engineer

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:07:29 EDT 2007

Hi All. My employer, Opsware Inc (NASDAQ: OPSW; www.opsware.com), is looking
for Support Engineers.
Please feel free to email me your resume, or reference me from the list if
you're interested.
You can email me off-list for more info.

http://www.opsware.com/about/about_jobs_openings.php

Opsware Inc. is seeking to hire a Software Support Engineer. The person who
fills this job will be responsible for working with the team of Opsware
Support Engineers to field, track, troubleshoot and resolve inbound
technical support requests from customers.

This position will involve significant interface (phone and email) with our
global customers, pre- and post-sales consulting engineers and the broader
engineering development team. We intend to fill this position immediately.

Note: Prior experience supporting enterprise software products is not
required – We are seeking highly technical (CS degree) & motivated
individuals with the technical acumen (and curiosity) to troubleshoot very
complex systems/software issues.

The current team is comprised of technical "rock-stars" who thrive on
solving deep technical problems that have stumped our customers and field
engineers! We are looking for self-starters who want to work in a place
where their efforts contribute directly to the success of a cutting-edge
enterprise software company.

Responsibilities:

Interact directly via phone and email with Opsware customers to troubleshoot
and resolve technical problems relating to the Opsware product portfolio.
Interact directly with members of the Opsware engineering, product
management and services organizations to troubleshoot and manage the
escalation and resolution of product-related technical problems.
*No requirement for on-site customer travel

Background:

   - Bachelor's Degree in CS or equivalent
   - 5+ years technical experience with:
   - Solaris, Linux, AIX and HPUX
      - A programming language, such as C, C++ or Java
      - Oracle (DBA and/or application development)
      - SQL and one or more scripting languages, especially Python,
      Unix Shell Scripting
      Web-based applications (e.g., Apache, IIS, Weblogic)
      - Highly reliable self-starter; can-do attitude; able to work
   with minimal supervision
   - Excellent oral and written communication skills
   - Willingness to carry a pager for rotating on-call responsibilities
   after-hours

Why Join Opsware?

Founded in 1999 by Marc Andreessen, founder of Netscape, Opsware simplifies
the overwhelming task of managing IT on a day to day basis. The growth of
the Internet and shift from client/server computing to Web architecture is
overwhelming IT organizations with the proliferation of servers, networking
devices and applications, creating massive IT infrastructures. Join Opsware
and become part of the solution! Apply today!

Opsware is an equal opportunity employer.

-Warren