[TriLUG] Why don't people come to TriLUG meetings? (was Re:Trilug Kode of Kondukt)

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Aug 15 19:39:19 EDT 2007

Greg Brown wrote:
> I don't mind, in fact I think this is one of TriLUG's greatest stengths: the
> general mailing list with a massively diverse group of people.
>
> Maybe it is time to, as someone already suggested, just have two TriLUG
> mailing lists - one where "the rules" apply and one for everyone else.  I
> don't think this is a bad solution.

This is what the Sydney Linux Users Group does.  The primary SLUG
mailing list has pretty strict rules as to what stays on-topic.  It's
only Linux technical discussions and meeting announcements.

All other discussion is on a "slug-chat" mailing list.

Any OT discussion on the 'slug' list is swiftly redirected to the -chat
list, fairly successfully.

There is actually a "trilug-ot" list that someone started, but it's not
on the main TriLUG server and hasn't been successful just yet.

I'd encourage the SC to consider this approach.  I like the "-chat"
moniker better than "-ot".

--Jeremy