[TriLUG] trilug-ontopic: just do it!

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Aug 18 09:52:07 EDT 2007

I think there are enough Triluggers who want a trilug-ontopic list that the SC should just do it. Create the list, put the link out there and let folks add themselves if and as they want.

They don't need to moderate the list - just having its purpose in the name should manage that... and the folks who live on that list will be glad to point out abusers who (if they can't take the gentle hints of their fellows) can be banned by the SC.

After all, that's what the SC (Steering Committee) is for.

Historically, this debate surfaces every couple of years - and the "ontopic" type lists are created, limp along for awhile, and then die off in time. They don't have the robust life and growth of the main list.... and their archives die with them...

Jon (cyber-tooth) Carnes