[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] TriLUG-ontopic

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 23:11:49 EDT 2007

Matt Frye wrote:
> The mailing list TriLUG-ontopic has been created for technical
> discussion related to Linux and Open Source.  This is list is open to
> any who wish to subscribe.  Go to:

Cool, but a couple of questions:

1. Even though ontopic@ is un-moderated, am I correct
in assuming that it will be, er, "policed" more rigorously
than the existing trilug@ list?  That is, if somebody
contacts the SC about a post being offtopic, should we
anticipate being more assertive about keeping offtopic
material off that list, than we would for the current list?

2. Does this have any impact on what is considered on/off
topic for the current trilug@ list?

TTYL,

Phil